Applicants are provided training by qualified and engaging instructors.
Examples of the exclusive L.E.A.D. experience provided:
EMS to Law Enforcement
The emergency response system relies on first responders, such as police officers, to protect and preserve life in the early stages of an incident. Employment as an EMT or Paramedic offers a parallel yet different perspective on the responsibilities of a “first responder.
Be Well Rounded
This novel program aims to bridge these perspectives to make its participants well-rounded law enforcement candidates for a career protecting and serving the Los Angeles community.
This partnership between LAPD, LifeLine-EMS, and you, the potential police officer and EMS provider, builds a solid foundation to expedite your law enforcement career goals with candidate process support, tactical medicine training, and preferential applicant status with the LAPD.
Support guided by sworn LAPD professionals to mimic the selection process. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Multiple-Choice Test Preparation
- Personal History Statement / Background Investigation / Selection Process FAQs
- Physical Fitness Qualifier Practice Sessions
An introduction to Tactical Emergency Medical Services (TEMS) Training including:
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care(TECC) Certification- an NAEMT-accredited course teaching prehospital providers how to respond and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
This certified training is perfect for applicants interested in developing their law enforcement careers through routes such as SWAT medic.
Training Like No Other
Other offered classes include:
- Command and Control
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- Firearms Safety Range Training
- Mass Casualty Response
- Pre-Mission Planning
- Situational Awareness